The Common Message Processor© (CMP) is recognized as the message editor for the United States Department of Defense (DoD).
CMP is a user-friendly Java® application that provides the capability to process formatted military messages. It is widely used throughout the United States DoD to provide a bridge between tactical, email, legacy and web-enabled users. CMP provides message parsing, validating, journaling, generating and editing capabilities essential to the proper processing of military standard (MIL-STD) messages. The software validates message structure, content and context as per the associated MIL-STD specifications. Key features include:
- Portable, Java-based applications
- Multi-platform support (Windows x86/x64, Linux x86/x64)
- Extensive Java Application Programmer Interface (API)
The CMP software has been integrated with many military systems and commercial applications, including:
- Command Post of the Future (CPOF)
- Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC)
- Microsoft Outlook®
In addition, CMP has been independently validated by Conformance to Standards (CTS) testing by the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC). It provides for backward compatibility with fielded systems with support for many MIL-STD headers and numerous message baselines (and annual revisions), including:
- US Message Text Format (USMTF)
- MTF, XML-MTF
- Variable Message Format (VMF)
- XML-VMF Mappings
- Allied Data Publication 3 (ADatP-3)
- MTF, XML-MTF
- Artillery Systems Cooperation Activities (ASCA)
- Over-the-Horizon Gold (OTH-GOLD)
CMP is now available commercially!
CMP is licensed and exportable with State Department approval (the product is “ITAR-Restricted Use Data” and is not to be copied or transferred to unauthorized third parties).
∼ View our Tri-Fold Brochure ∼
For more information on how CMP and JBM can help your organization, contact: